A while ago I did a sketch and worked up some printed cloth from it. see blog 31 October 2012 ( Oh crumbs! That was almost a year ago)
Recently I made up a photoscreen from the same sketch and printed a
length of cloth. This time I allowed it to develop in it's own direction
rather than trying to replicate the colours from the original sketch.
First layer of printing
The whole cloth - now I just have to sew it up into something!
printed everything they could lay their hands on - duvet covers,
curtains, T-shirts, bags, tablecloths, aprons, tea towels - in fact any bit of cloth that they had, was printed. They explored paper stencils, found objects,
printing with various fillers and some did photographic prints. Vast quantities
of fabrics were transformed into fabulous decorated cloths in one intense, hard working, creative week.
promised I would post some pictures as soon as the weather was horrible
enough to give up gardening and do some computing. And this weekend
the weather is truly horrible so I have absolutely no excuse. Here is
some of the work done by the most wonderfully talented, inspirational
and good humoured summer school artists!!!