This year I got a fabric which was more boring than ugly- A textured pale peach fabric and this is the story of what I did to it:
|So, this is what I recieved.|
|First I hand painted it roughly with some dyes I had left over from other work, allowing the peach to modify the colours and show through in places.|
|Thinking it looked a bit like a rusty screen, I screen printed on some 'graph paper' using textile paints to give it a screenlike texture|
|Next, I screen printed with some thickened dyes using a photoscreen I made some time ago from some marks I had made with charcoal.|
|And finally, I selected a motif from the larger screen and printed with a discharging agent to give some added illumination to th ein between spaces.|
|Detail of the final surface.|
After an intense week of teaching summer school, it's really good to be challenged to do some work of my own, - so thank you Barbara!