Sunday 19 August 2012

Carnival Crossroads Eastbound

Cary's brilliant illustrations and cutouts for the Luton banners


and his football cutout
You can see both these designs realised in the banners above.

Cary's illustration for banner which depicted the twin themes of Luton as the carnival city and a city of diverse people

So, this is the banner- it went out in a tour round town, the evening before the event to publicise the carnival
It was a huge job and I couldn't have done without my team - Aiden, who did endless cutting out and some printing,  and Cary who did lots of brilliant illustrations for the banners and was my fellow printer when the banners got too big to do on my own.  Not to mention Dan who came to stay in the middle of  the final push to complete the banners. Despite suffering great domestic discomfort, he played the accompagniment to the hum of my sewing machine on his trombone.  Why don't we have a picture of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment