Monday 24 September 2012

"Granny Anne" cloth screen print

I have these lovely pictures of my grandmother  - one from when she was a child with her hair in ringlets - probably specially done for the photo and her socks falling down her calves; and the other of her on her wedding day.  A while ago I made photoscreens of these and every now and then I print something with them.  This time I had a  cloth that I had dyed and printed with a doily and some lace. It sat folded (well actually crumpled) in my workroom for a year until suddenly I remembered these two screens. And so...............

I felt it needed something else

So I made up this screen with some text in her handwriting.



The cream has been discharged and the brown is printed on with pigment and paste

  The cloth is actually a sort green - it looks blue on some of these photos





1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful length of cloth! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete