Tuesday 18 March 2014

Screen Print Layers

I have lots of scraps of fabric that I 've used for demonstrating a technique in class or for doing a test print.  I usually use these as rags, but I decided to set a challenge for myself. So, I've been saving these and printing over them. These have happened over a couple of weeks - whenever I am printing something, I just look and see if it will work on the test cloth.  Actually,  I'm really excited about them - it's been really good for freeing up my graphic side.  Can't wait to do more!

This one and the image below are 2 bits of the same fabric - you can probably tell

Don't bother with reading the text , it's not real writing.

And this is a polycotton pillow slip torn open- you know how I'm always saying you can't print on polycottons?....well once again I've proved myself wrong.  But what is really interesting is the lovely muted colours from the procion dyes which I guess dyed the cotton but not the poly.


No comments:

Post a Comment