Saturday 2 May 2020

Creative Isolation 2

Nothing is ever a failure in textile art.  Sometimes it's good to have things that don't quite work out as you'd hoped.  

Firstly, of course, it teaches me what not to do. 

Secondly it drives me to do more research and I love an excuse to buy a book.  

Thirdly it frees me up to rip, print and sew all over them. To think what if........

In that spirit, I've been using some last week's horrible fabrics and papers to do some stitching.  Also a bit of bark from the poor dyeing birch tree we had to take down in the garden. The flowers and cups are from drawings I made of my grandmother's tea set and screen printed onto scraps of fabric.









I have to give credit to Cas Holmes for inspiring these little patches.
TextilesArtist.org has been running some fab free workshops on their facebook page with wonderful stitch artists. I completely fell in love with Cas Holmes's approach - If you get a chance, have a look at her wonderful workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment